Legal, consulting, project leadership and know-how hub. Based in Sandvika, Norway.
We have combined our practical and consulting knowledge and prepared the guidelines on how to succeed in leading the Digital ID initiatives.
Introduction of digital identity in the country requires political will, commitment, and a serious amount of financial resources, therefore before leaping into the digital dimension it is crucially important to identify the potential risks in order to avoid the most common pitfalls.
It is especially important to do so for countries that do not have a well-functioning system of unique national identity, effective Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (CRVS) system, population register and etc.
We see countries rushing to implement Digital ID projects as Digital identity together with a well-designed strategy may significantly improve planning, policymaking, finance allocation, access to services, social inclusion, and bring a number of other benefits. Unfortunately, many of them fail or do not bring the desired results. Get the guidelines on how to succeed in leading Digital ID initiatives.
There are a number of reasons why the implementation of digital identity systems might not turn out as effective as planned. These reasons must be established on a case by case basis, however, some of them are most common. Although a single formula for creating a viable digital identity system may not exist, there are several elements that should be taken into account:
- Strong and international standards compliant legislation
- Relevant organizational setting and capacities
- Digitalized and compliant Civil Registration, that is continuous, permanent, obligatory, universal and confidential
- Credentials - unique identity number – digital attribute is assigned at the registration of birth and terminated at death, supports data exchange between systems
- Identity strengthened by biometrics (when identity documents such as ID cards or passports obtained)
Identity secured by privacy and security measures
Get the guidelines on how to succeed in leading the Digital ID initiatives.