Legal, consulting, project leadership and know-how hub. Based in Sandvika, Norway.
About the client
Ministry of Industry and Trade
The general objective of the assignment was to help the Department of the Registrar General (DRG) improve its operations in delivering business registration services. The goal was to enable Malawi have an efficient, effective and sustainable system in place for its commercial registration requirements. The accomplishment of this assignment was guided by the following expected outcomes:
- Reduced regulatory burden of foreign and domestic businesses to start up a business through reducing time and cost of compliance with business-registration procedures;
- Improved efficiency of business-registration services through simplifying and streamlining procedures for business registration, and automating registry function; ideally making the process of business-registration more efficient and equitable;
- Incentives for businesses that currently operate in the “informal” sector of Malawi’s economy to graduate into the formal sector, and for new entrepreneurs to start-up new businesses.
The role of NRD Companies was to:
- Provide assistance in the Business Registration Platform development;
- Perform legal, organizational and institutional analysis and mapping of the current situation;
- Perform analysis of the current IT and ICT infrastructure in the DRG and in Malawi;
- Design requirements and documents for the computerizing of the processes;
- Draft related legislation and recommendations for the implementation of the reform;
- Perform digitization of the historical records, covering data entry and scanning of the complete archive;
- Assist in purchase of the HW/SW for the technical infrastructure establishment;
- Control and monitor execution of the registry implementation project;
- Prepare reports related to the listed deliveries.
Unique ID for Grenada, Dominica, Saint Lucia and St. Vincent and the Grenadines
OECS - Organization of Eastern Caribbean States
Member States Grenada, The Commonwealth of Dominica, Saint Lucia and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
ICT Access and E-Services for Hinterland, Poor and Remote Communities Project in Guyana
The Office of the Prime Minister of Guyana.
An Award-Winning Personal Income TAX Return Wizard
State Tax Inspectorate Under the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania.
From a traditional Registrar to an e-Service organization (Mauritius)
Registrar-General’s Department (RGD), Republic of Mauritius.
Mauritius Registrar-General's Department
Development of a Virtual Fiscal Device Management System in Zanzibar (ongoing)
Zanzibar Revenue Board
Design and Implementation of a Business Registration System
Uganda Investment Authority
Design of the Integrated Information System for Real Property Registration and Cadastre
State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan on Land Resources, Geodesy, Cartography and State Cadastre of Uzbekistan
Modernization of the provision of financial services (ongoing)
Operationalization of mobile delivery channel to increase service access in remote areas in Albania
UNDP / ADISA (Agency for Public Administrative Service Delivery)
Design and development of an Online Business Registration System
Tanzanian Business Registrations and Licensing Agency