Legal, consulting, project leadership and know-how hub. Based in Sandvika, Norway.
About the client
The Ministry of Economy in Guatemala financed by IDB
The Ministry of Economy in Guatemala with financing from the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) intended to use part of the proceeds to payments under the project to design and install an electronic Registry of Security Interests. The objective of this project was to assist the Guatemalan Ministry of Economy (MINECO) to design and make fully functional electronic registry as contemplated and required by Law on Security Interests (Decree 51-2007) and its associated regulation.
The aim of having a well-functioning registry was to facilitate greater access to credits.
NRD Companies provided consultancy services for design and installation of an electronic Registry of Security Interests in Guatemala (eRGM).
The services covered the following work tasks:
- Analysis of current situation;
- Design of a new workflow, registration procedures;
- Prepare a HW acquisition and installation plan;
- Design and install Registry system;
- Train the Registry staff;
- Prepare system documentation;
- Assist MINECO in a public campaign.
The eRGM provides the basic registration, on-line registration, and information services. On-line registration and information services are available via internet. Alternatively, the registration and information services can be obtained via the operator at the Registro de Garantias Mobiliarias (RGM office).
There are electronic communications with:
- Certification services provider – institution responsible for electronic signature certification and granting;
- Payment services provider – institution responsible for the handling of the payments;
- Registro de La Propiedad Intelectual (Intellectual Property Registry), Registro General de la Propiedad (General Property Registry), Registro Mercantil (Companies Registry) and Registro de Valores y Mercancias (Registry of Securities and Commodities) – public institutions receiving information about registrations in eRGM.
Unique ID for Grenada, Dominica, Saint Lucia and St. Vincent and the Grenadines
OECS - Organization of Eastern Caribbean States
Member States Grenada, The Commonwealth of Dominica, Saint Lucia and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
ICT Access and E-Services for Hinterland, Poor and Remote Communities Project in Guyana
The Office of the Prime Minister of Guyana.
An Award-Winning Personal Income TAX Return Wizard
State Tax Inspectorate Under the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania.
From a traditional Registrar to an e-Service organization (Mauritius)
Registrar-General’s Department (RGD), Republic of Mauritius.
Mauritius Registrar-General's Department
Development of a Virtual Fiscal Device Management System in Zanzibar (ongoing)
Zanzibar Revenue Board
Design and Implementation of a Business Registration System
Uganda Investment Authority
Design of the Integrated Information System for Real Property Registration and Cadastre
State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan on Land Resources, Geodesy, Cartography and State Cadastre of Uzbekistan
Modernization of the provision of financial services (ongoing)
Operationalization of mobile delivery channel to increase service access in remote areas in Albania
UNDP / ADISA (Agency for Public Administrative Service Delivery)
Design and development of an Online Business Registration System
Tanzanian Business Registrations and Licensing Agency