Legal, consulting, project leadership and know-how hub. Based in Sandvika, Norway.
About the client
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Reducing the time and costs associated with business registration and business regulatory processes while providing other incentives for enterprise formalization.
The project was aimed at the advisory services on institutional reform and development of the Liberia Companies/Commercial Registry including preparations and drafting of legal, organisational and technical input for the establishment of the legal framework and organisational and technical input for the institutional cooperation.
Consultancy services including introduction to international best practices, legal advice and drafting of supplementary legal framework, drafting of plans for institutional cooperation, training program, designing of registration workflow and IT system, HW and network specifications, budgets, draft awareness and information campaign.
Liberia Business Registry System was implemented in the central office and two remote offices. The system is web based and it consists of:
- Basic LBRS – computerized registration process for LBR staff;
- Information services LBRS – for any online users searching for information on enterprise;
- Online services LBRS – for registration of enterprises and amendments online for any registered online user;
- Web page of LBR with integrated content management system and statistics from basic.
- Preparations and drafting of secondary legal framework;
- Specifications, procurement and installation of the HW, basic SW and network set-up
- Development and implementation of the business registration services and procedures including"single-point-registration" services including business registration, tax registration and information sharing with other public institutions, unique ID of business, operation procedures and manuals, and registration forms, online registration and information services;
- Design and execution of capacity building including training and organisational development;
- Development of the strategy for the digitization of the currently held business registration records;
- Preparation of background material, planning and implementing of an awareness program directed to the public and private sector in cooperation with the Ministry of Planning and Industry;
- Designing of M&E system for the monitoring and assessment of the implementation and operationalization of the reform.
- Registration times and costs were significantly reduced, leading to significant cost savings for the business community.
Liberia’s rank for ‘Starting a Business’ indicator in the WB Doing Business Index has improved from 88 in 2009 to 38 in 2013, once the results of the reform have been measured and acknowledged in the assessment, stating that Liberia made starting a business easier by introducing a one-stop shop.
In 2016, NRD was contracted to provide consultancy services to upgrade Liberia Business Registry System to integrate with Standard Integrated Government Tax Administration System (SIGTAS).
Unique ID for Grenada, Dominica, Saint Lucia and St. Vincent and the Grenadines
OECS - Organization of Eastern Caribbean States
Member States Grenada, The Commonwealth of Dominica, Saint Lucia and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
An Award-Winning Personal Income TAX Return Wizard
State Tax Inspectorate Under the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania.
From a traditional Registrar to an e-Service organization (Mauritius)
Registrar-General’s Department (RGD), Republic of Mauritius.
Mauritius Registrar-General's Department
Development of a Virtual Fiscal Device Management System in Zanzibar (ongoing)
Zanzibar Revenue Board
Design and Implementation of a Business Registration System
Uganda Investment Authority
Design of the Integrated Information System for Real Property Registration and Cadastre
State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan on Land Resources, Geodesy, Cartography and State Cadastre of Uzbekistan
Modernization of the provision of financial services (ongoing)
Operationalization of mobile delivery channel to increase service access in remote areas in Albania
UNDP / ADISA (Agency for Public Administrative Service Delivery)
Design and development of an Online Business Registration System
Tanzanian Business Registrations and Licensing Agency
IT Assessment and Development of IT Strategies for Suitable Development in Cambodia
United Nations Development Program (UNDP), Cambodia Office