About the client
Banque de la République du Burundi (BRB)
Development of Burundi economy requires world class financial services – modern, innovative, integrated to the world’s financial networks, cost efficient.
The Central Bank plays a key role in supporting this evolution, as well as ensuring stability and sustainability of the financial market. These goals are achievable by well-developed long term policies and leveraging the potential of ICT.
As ICT stands at the heart of the Bank of the Republic of Burundi, the organisation is actively modernizing its ICT infrastructure and core systems. The management recognizes that highly complex IT systems and infrastructures need to be properly aligned with BRB goals and strategies so that they serve as a permanent innovation driver rather than just adding to the cost of operations.
Implementation of COBIT 5 framework, recognised by central banks and other organisations around the world, will help BRB to apply the technology more effectively and boost its operational excellence, improving the services to other financial organisations and benefiting the whole economy. In addition, strict regulatory compliance and ICT risk management in the Central Bank is crucial for building trust in the financial market of Burundi, attracting foreign investment and ensuring economic growth.
NRD group and cyber security competence centre experts are contributors to COBIT 5 framework.
- Review of ICT service delivery, governance and management structure and processes;
- Design and implementation of an overarching end-to-end governance of enterprise ICT framework and its underlying processes and structures;
- Assessment of the current capability level based on ISO/IEC 15504;
- Establishment of a roadmap for achieving Capability Level 4;
- Trainings for the BRB staff.